School Volunteer Program Update
Effective September 26, 2023, the Los Angeles Unified Board of Education rescinded its COVID-19 vaccine mandate for employees. Volunteers are no longer required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Learn more by visiting the following website: https://www.lausd.org/vaccineguidance.
Prospective School Volunteer Program in-person applicants will no longer be required to upload a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination card. Applicants whose application was denied previously may contact their school site to reactivate a completed application. New applicants may begin their application by visiting https://volunteerapp.lausd.net. General information about the process may be accessed at https://www.lausd.org/volunteer.
Volunteer Application Process
- Any person interested in participating in a school’s volunteer program, including continuing volunteers, prospective virtual volunteers, prospective on-campus volunteers, LAUSD employees, community members and interns, must complete the online volunteer application in the School Volunteer Management System.
- A volunteer can access the online application at https://volunteerapp.lausd.net.
- If a person does not have access to the necessary technology to complete the online volunteer application, the school will designate an employee to assist in completing and submitting the online application with the person. Volunteers serving at more than one LAUSD school must have an approved online application for each school before they can begin service.
- Tuberculosis clearance, including a screening or negative test result, is to be provided to the school site before the campus begins the processing of the application. The form, which can be provided to a medical provider, is available at https://www.lausd.org/Page/9647.
- A waiver of liability is required to participate in on-campus volunteering in the LAUSD School Volunteer Program, showing agreement with the terms and release of liability. This is completed directly on the application.
- Once the online volunteer application is completed and submitted electronically, the application may be approved or denied by the site principal or the principal’s designee.
- The Office of Student, Family and Community Engagement provides a final review before approving the application.